If you’ve or had plantar fasciitis, then you know the pain and the importance of having quality supportive footwear. And in this case, most people with this problem do as themselves; what is the comfortable slippers for plantar fasciitis?
Supportive footwear such as slipper for plantar fasciitis is specifically designed to help you minimize foot pain by relieving pressure. They also do this by supporting your feet and arches by offering stable and important arch support at all times. So, if you think you have Plantar Fasciitis, then one of the best ways to mitigate it is by choosing the best slippers for plantar fasciitis.
Let’s start by learning what plantar fasciitis is before we head into looking at best slippers’ reviews.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
Plantar Fasciitis is a condition whereby one experiences pain in the heel and arch region of their foot. It is one of the commonly encountered orthopedic complaints. This is caused by an inflammation of one of the central tissues located at the foot’s bottom. In particular, this tissue runs from the edge of the end of the heel to the toes.
Plantar Fasciitis is a foot disorder that leads to the patient feeling immense pain on their foot. The pain initially is of a lower degree and is expected to subside after some time, but if it persists, then the likelihood of one having Plantar Fasciitis is high.
Plantar Fasciitis is not to be confused with the stabbing pain that is usually experienced in the morning as one takes their first steps after carelessly hopping from the bed. This is because the pain will eventually cease as you walk. Pain due to Plantar Fasciitis returns after long periods of standing or standing after sitting.
Top 5 Best Slippers for Plantar Fasciitis Reviews
One of the best ways to relieve your foot pain due to plantar fasciitis is by getting high-quality slippers, and one of the best slippers for this is orthopedic men’s leather slippers. It is a true to size fit that is adorned with superior cushion to offer more supports and comfort. Also, this shoe is regarded as the best orthopedic shoe that provides a reliable solution for the plantar fasciitis problem.
This slipper is adorned with a tone of features that not only protect your feet but also offer comfort and style to meet your fashion needs. Some of its core features include:
- Superior Cushioning: For ultra-comfort
- Anatomical Arch Support: This is fitted within its Orthotic insoles to provide superior support.
- Cushioning layers: Specially included to provide a cushioning-like-support to your heel.
- Ergonomically designed lightweight sole
- Extended widths for a perfect fit
- Unique Therapeutic Design
- Wide & roomy TOE BOX for comfortable fit and bunion solution
- Improves ease of working,
- Enhances stability
- Alleviate stress on the joints
- Super comfortable
- Easy to slip in
- Proven for plantar fasciitis relief
- They do feel a bit hot
- Propels you forward due to Ergonomic stride, which might not suit some people
This orthotic slippers for plantar fasciitis provide nothing short of amazing cushioning and support for your feet. It is designed with a unique, multi-layered footbed that is both soft and supportive.
Due to its high-quality design, comfort, and support, this Unisex Veitsch henna slipper might do the trick for you. Its comfort and higher performance are enhanced by temperature adaptive and breathable design, which means it can be worn at any time of the year (winter to summer).
- Quality rubber sole, which absorbed impacts
- Removable footbed
- Slip resistance
- Water resistance, boiled upper wools
- Edge-free inner seams
- Breathable uppers
- Machine washable
- Non-slip and doesn’t-mark rubber sole
- All-weather slippers
- Can be worn inside and outside the house
- Easy to remove and wash its footbed
- Made with high-quality materials
- Durable and ideal solution for plantar fasciitis
The contoured total support footbed that this slipper has is nothing short of incredible too.
This women’s supreme slide slipper design offers enhanced comfort, support, and luxurious style that completely wraps around your foot. The 100% leather and synthetic uppers are available in different colors for you to choose from.
Its unique design keeps your feet comfortable and warm while offering quality support. Furthermore, its EVA footbed features a deep heel cup supply and metatarsal arch support. These two features offer you with greater stability, comfort, and support when walking.
- EVA plastic molded footbed
- Patterned grip sole
- Non-marking outsole
- Metatarsal arch support
- Quality synthetic sole that absorbs impacts
- Easy slip-on& off
- Ideal slipper for winter
- It is a warm slipper thanks to its shearling-like fleece
- Perfect for heel pain
- They are great slipper but do not last long enough
If you’re looking for a top-quality slipper that with premium orthotic sole with enhanced cushion heel, then you should try Rock dove memory foam slipper. This slipper features an ergonomic design that is easy to slip in and off.
This US-made slipper comes with a rubber sole that allows you to take your dog for an outdoor walk without switching shoes. The secure heel collar alongside memory foam insole mold to the contours of your foot to provide proper support and enhanced comfort.
The quality features incorporated into this slipper are the main reason why most people love it.
- Sturdy rubber soles
- Memory foam insole
- Cushioning heel
- Ergonomic sole
- Waffle knit upper
- It has durable soles that are noiseless in both hardwood and tiles
- Comes with a non-marking, anti-skid sole
- Breathable thanks to its waffle knitted upper
- Suits both indoor and outdoor use
- Offer pillow-soft comfort
- Fits air or line drying
- Machine washable in cold
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Its cushions reduce relatively faster than most of the other similar slippers
Here is another top-rated slipper that is ideal for foot pain or plantar fasciitis. SOLLBEAM Slippers are not only the perfect type for this situation but also the quality and affordable type of slippers.
To make it these good, SOLLBEAM combines several quality properties to make one high-quality, comfortable slipper. Durability is also an essential piece embedded in the design of this slipper.
It is easy on and off, and stylish slipper made with premium materials for lasting comfort and durability. Some of its unique features include:
- Deep heel cup
- Soft and cushioning insole
- Arch support
- Contoured footbed
- Cushioning heel
- Deep heel cup
- Offer sufficient support during high impact activity thanks to its deep and narrow heel cup
- Great arch support
- Proper foot alignment for even weight distribution
- Great shock absorption
- Offer better stabilization while padding your heels
- Great slippers but straps may end up being loose in some slippers
Tips for Choosing the Best Slippers for Plantar Fasciitis
Understanding what to look for in a planta fasciitis slipper is the first and the most crucial step to getting the right slippers. This will, therefore, ease or improves your shopping experience.
So, to get the best slipper, there are several factors you need to consider while choosing your plantar fasciitis slipper. These factors include:
The stability and support it offers the first thing you should always look at is the support and stability that a particular slipper offers. By doing this, you will be able to avoid buying something that won’t help you alleviate the foot pain. Keep an eye on things like:
- cushioning and padding. For better shock absorption.
- Great Arch Support
- Contoured Footbeds
- Removable Footbeds -This is essential in case you need to add additional or use different footbeds.
- Deep Heel Cups
The other thing is the slippers must have an orthotic footbed. This feature is essential in that it helps relieve stress and enhance comfort
Is it durable?
To avoid buying new slippers after every few months, then you need to consider this factor. Regardless of how good looking a slipper may be, without durable material, it will soon beat up and start looking dreadful. So, buying a sturdy and comfortably fitting plantar fasciitis slippers will ensure you get great foot support as well as spend less.
Also, understanding the type of upper material used can help you in choosing a durable and ideal type of slippers. Most of us choose a slipper made with flexible and stretchable fabric; this is because we associate these materials with comfortable slippers. While this is true, we must conform to the fact we also need a slipper that will protect our feet, and therefore, we should not overlook support.
So, some of the best materials mostly used to make these slippers are stretch fabric and soft leathers.
A proper fitting plantar fasciitis slipper is essential for durability as well as adequate arch support. Therefore, you should always pick a recommended slipper that meets your size, and other needs to enjoy its benefits fully.
This factor may seem not to play a significant role, but it is still essential that you consider it while choosing your slipper. Some slippers have open backs while other doesn’t. Therefore, the once with opens backs are easy to slip on and off even in a dark room hence more convenient.
FAQs about Slippers for Plantar Fasciitis
Are all plantar fasciitis slippers machine washable?
NO. Some materials are not suitable to be washed by machine. Fabrics like suede and leather are better hand-washed to avoid flaking, while other materials like cotton are machine washable. Thus, you should always follow the manufacturer’s instructions to avoid ruining your slippers.
Who benefits more from wearing these slippers?
High-risk individuals are the ones that benefit the most from wearing these slippers. However, everyone does benefit from wearing them.
High-risk individuals include:
- People with plantar fasciitis or any other heel pain
- Pregnant woman
- Overweight people
- Individuals who are always on their feet
That said let’s learn more about plantar fasciitis
Why Should You Buy Slippers for Plantar Fasciitis?
If you already have other supportive footwear, then you might be wondering why I should buy these slippers. The fact is, to ensure that you get continued arch support, then it is advisable you also get plantar fasciitis slipper. This slipper will ensure you are covered while at home. Slippers for Plantar Fasciitis are one of the essential footwear you should have if you are struggling with heel pain or plantar fasciitis.
So, what are some of the top reasons you should buy these slippers?
- Wearing these slippers helps relieve the pain by offering better cushioning and padding, unlike other regular slippers.
- Offer greater shock absorption which aid in absorbing harmful shock from the ground
- Keeps you stabilized as well as your heel padded thanks to their deep-heel feature
- Improves or enhances the plantar fasciitis recovery process
- Helps to distribute weight evenly since it features a contoured footbed
- Comes with excellent arch support which is ideal for this condition. This feature helps to keep your feet from flattening out hence preventing pain.
That’s all you need to know why you should buy these plantar fasciitis slippers.
Let’s now have a look at other important information that you should know about this condition—for example, its causes, symptoms, risk factors, and also complications.
What are the Causes of Plantar Fasciitis?
Sudden weight gain is the leading cause of Plantar Fasciitis. The fascia ligaments are bow-shaped and absorb shock and create a ‘bounce effect’ while walking. An increase in pressure on the fascia ligaments due to an increase in weight strains the plantar fascia resulting in Plantar Fasciitis. You are also at greater risk of developing Plantar Fasciitis if you are overweight or obese.
Athletes should also take great care of their routines and ensure that they avoid strenuous activity to their feet. Exercising or running on hard surfaces is another cause of Plantar Fasciitis. The genetic mutation leads to some people having structural foot problems ranging from flat feet to feet with high arches. These may result in Plantar Fasciitis.
When shopping for footwear, care, and sound advice should be sought. Shoes with inferior arch and cushioning support may result in the pain of Plantar Fasciitis.
Ensure that you minimize pressure and strain of the part of your foot that connects your heel bone to your toes because this practice can go a long way in ensuring that you are not affected by Plantar Fasciitis.
What are its Risk factors?
It is scary that Plantar Fasciitis can develop without any apparent cause, but lack of proper care to your feet will ultimately result in Plantar Fasciitis. Avoiding potential risks and harm can go a long way in ensuring that you do not experience the pain of Plantar Fasciitis. Factors that can rapidly increase your chances of this condition include:
- Risky occupational hazards – if your job requires you to be on your feet now and then and for long periods, you are vulnerable to Plantar Fasciitis. Resting the feet by taking breaks to avoid straining the plantar fascia is vital, and it is recommended to take regular breaks in between shifts. Foremen, engineers, and factory workers are the most prevalent and prone to Plantar Fasciitis because they spend most of their work hours standing on hard surfaces and walking.
- Age – the age bracket for the most prone to Plantar Fasciitis is between 40 to 70 years. It has also been noted that Plantar Fasciitis is slightly more common in women than in men. Pregnant women also experience spells of Plantar Fasciitis during the latter stages of their pregnancy. This is due to the weight gain brought about by the pregnancy, resulting in the plantar’s straining.
- Exercise – in as much undertaking exercises is highly recommended, certain types can result in Plantar Fasciitis. Exercises are advantageous because they result in one being fit and lead to excessive weight loss, another potential cause of Plantar Fasciitis. A lot of stress on the heel and the attached tissue will ultimately and undeniably result in Plantar Fasciitis. Activities such as long-distance running, aerobic dancing undertaken un-end with no breaks, or cooling breaks will contribute to the onset of Plantar Fasciitis.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
A stabbing pain experienced at the bottom part of your foot should offer the first clue of Plantar Fasciitis. This pain is usually experienced when the leg is relaxed. When engaged during an exercise or taking a walk, the pain subsides but grows significantly after the activity.
Pain experienced in the morning after just waking up is intense and subsides gradually and is retained at a certain slightly annoying and uncomfortable level for the better part of the day. Also, after taking a siesta or after a rest, the pain is intense. The pain varies between feeling a sharp burst of pain and burning on the arches of the bottom part of the foot or just getting a light effect of discomfort and a little pain on the affected foot.
The pain experienced can make you very uncomfortable, and your daily routine will take a toll for the worst because even a simple activity such as climbing up and down a flight of stairs will prove to be an uphill task. This is attributed to the heel stiffness experienced due to plantar fasciitis.
It is worth noting that during the activity being undertaken by an individual, the pain reduces substantially, and one may tend to exercise for longer to avoid the excruciating pain. This may further worsen the already bad situation due to the prolonging of the strenuous activity.
Plantar fasciitis testing procedure
Determining your foot’s tenderness is the top priority, and a physical examination will be administered regarding this. This is to determine the pain’s location accurately, thus ensuring that there are no underlying problems and potential illnesses or complications that may have led to the pain being experienced. An X-ray machine or MRI can also serve this purpose.
Treatment of plantar fasciitis
The advice and guidance of a podiatrist will lead to your ultimate recovery. Conservative therapy with practices such as icing the region with pain and massaging it with a professional’s help will go a long way in speeding up the recovery process. In some instances, the X-ray will show a piece of one sticking out from the heel bone. A correction procedure can be done surgically to ease the pain of Plantar Fasciitis.
Medications used are majorly pain relievers that ease the pain and inflammations brought about by Plantar Fasciitis.
Therapies used in reliving of symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis include:
- Physical therapy
- Night splints
- Care at home for Plantar Fasciitis
- Procedures to deploy while at home-based care include:
- Use of essential oils such as eucalyptus oil, lavender essential oil, etc.
- Changing of exercising activities
- Use of night splints to strengthen the plantar fascia
For most people, plantar fasciitis improves within a few months when home treatments are applied.
What are its Complications?
Ignorance of heel pain brought about by Plantar Fasciitis will ultimately lead to chronic heel pain that will hinder you from performing any household activities. You will experience excruciating pain that will even deter and restrict you from making any movements in the long run. Any further delays in seeking treatment will result in the effects being felt in the hips, back and knee due to the change in walking style to relieve Plantar Fasciitis pain.
Plantar Fasciitis Vs. Heel Spurs
Plantar Fasciitis, as covered, is a disorder arising from pressure applied to the heel and arch region of the foot. Having plantar fasciitis may result in one developing heel spur. A heel spur is not to be confused with Plantar Fasciitis because it is a condition that results when calcium deposits grow between the heel and the arch of the foot.
Its symptoms vary slightly from Plantar Fasciitis because one experiences sharp and knife-like pain in the heel after a rest or on waking up. The affected region also becomes warmer, and tenderness is felt. The only sure way of determining if the pain experienced is due to Plantar Fasciitis or heel spur is by the use of an X-ray. A protrusion indicates one has a heel spur.
Overall, the first step to treating plantar fasciitis is by understanding how to handle and avoid aggravating it by wearing the wrong footwear. The best slippers for plantar fasciitis in our top five list features air cushioning technology as well as the Ortho-cushioning system. These features not only make them the top-rated type slippers in the market but also the most effective means of healing or dealing with your heel pain.
These plantar fasciitis slippers design aim at relieving stress on your joints by providing an effective cushioning system, which in turn improves comfort.
Finally, to get the best plantar fasciitis slippers, you should consider the things we have mention in our buying guide (above). These factors are essential to meeting your desired goal of purchasing the right slippers.